Friday, July 31, 2015

Ormond Beach Man Claims Bee Stings Cured Arthritis

News-Journal, July 27, 2015 
ORMOND BEACH – Jim Bray, 87, of Ormond Beach has been a beekeeper for 25 years. Although most people think of honey when they think of bees, Bray also respects another aspect of the bees, the venom. He claims that the venom from bee stings cured his arthritis.
“Two thousand years ago, in ancient Greece, Hippocrates was using bees to cure arthritis,” said Bray. “As a beekeeper, I wonder why we’ve known about this for so long and have done nothing with it.”
Bray allowed himself to be stung seven times about 6 years ago, he explained, to cure arthritis in his back.
“I’d almost cry when I had to get into bed,” he said. “After I got the stings on my body, I have had no problem since.”

No comments: